PE & Sports Premium Funding
What is it?
The sports premium is an allocation of additional funding given to every primary school in the UK to improve the provision of Physical Education, Sports and Competition. This funding is provided jointly by the Department of Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport. The grant has been awarded for the benefit of pupils aged 5-11 years so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles.
All schools are required to report on the amount of funding received and how this is being used, as well as the impact this is having on pupils.
Fairway Infant School was allocated - £17,110
Expenditure - Total expenditure: £20,025.64 (includes £6,492 carried forward from previous year 2017/18)
Money remaining: £3,584
This money was used to:
· Subscribe to Mid Sussex Active (professional development for teachers / competitions and festivals for children / specialist coaches)
· Resources to support teaching as a direct result of CPD and coaches.
· Daily Mile Track training
· Subscribe to ‘Maths of the Day’ to support classroom and home learning
· Support for target pupils
· Begin to initiate our ‘Outdoor Adventure’ curriculum and environment
· Apply and achieve ‘Quality Start Award – Platinum’.
Fairway Infant School was allocated
Number of pupils on roll: 171 at January 2018 Census with 109 in KS1
Based on the standard formula of £16,000 +£10 per pupil (as at January 2018 census).
Total amount received: £20674 This includes money receive £17090, plus £3,584 carried forward from 2018/19)
This money has been used as follows:
- All staff has greater confidence to plan and teach all areas of the PE curriculum.
- Teaching staff are competent when planning and assessing children of all abilities to ensure progression in their ability and enjoyment of PE and Sport.
- The ‘Outdoor Adventure’ curriculum is embedded in supporting all our pupils to be become increasingly more active during the school day.
- Sports Crew continue to develop leadership skills and become role models for younger children.
- Pupil activity is increased across the curriculum, particularly in maths and literacy.
Due to Covid-19 unfortunately a number of planned activities had to be cancelled. This means that the funds that were allocated for these activities and events is still remaining and therefore will be carried forward to 2020/21 budget. The amount being taken forward into the academic year, 2020-2021 is £7,902. The government have announced that the Sports Premium Grant will continue for next year.
With this money we propose to do the following:
· Subscribe to Mid Sussex Active
- Professional development
- Observe and monitor the provision for teaching and assessment
- Apply for the ‘KS1 Quality Start’ Platinum Award
- Develop and extend the ‘Outdoor Adventure’ curriculum across the whole school.
- Further developments that come to light as the year continues.